[3830] ARRLDX CW K6GEP SOAB(A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 4 02:18:56 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: ORG

   10:    7     6
-------------------
Total:  244   110  Total Score = 80,520

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Overall I thought band conditions were average for the bottom of the
sunspot cycle.  For some reason, the North-South path into South America
was the best I've ever worked.  I picked up a lot of new countries on 80,
like LU, PZ, CX and PY.  Working VP6DX on 5 bands was awesome!  Also swept
KH6LC and KH7Y.  My big thrill was to work DP0GVN (Antarctica) on the gray line
late on 20m Saturday afternoon.  Confirmed on LOTW the next day!  Danke Schoen!
Was also fun to work OL3R long-path on Sunday morning.

I had a chance to visit the M/2 W6EMC station on Sunday afternoon. That is
another world compared to my low power and wires.

Looking back on it, the CW weekend was 10 times more fun than the SSB.

Software: N3FJP Logger

Rig: FT-990

Ants:
     80 meter sloping dipole at 50 feet