[3830] ARRLDX SSB N4KG SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 4 22:01:32 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG +PACKET
Station: N4KG

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: ALA

   10:   23     8
-------------------
Total:  641   246  Total Score = 473,058

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

"WORST CONDITIONS EVER ?" as suggested by some, probably not, but certainly my
lowest (semi-serious) score in a Long Time.

Basically, Northern Europe got 'shut out', even on the bands that were open.

66 DL's on CW, 10 on SSB!  NO UA's, and NO OK's (yet several OM's), and only a
few Scandanavians (4 total Q's from LA, SM, OH).  NO Europeans on 10 or 15M.

60 Q's from PY, 38 from LU, 21 from XE in this "Worked All Americas" contest.
I was pleased to work CW6V TI50DX HC8A and PW2D on 6 Bands.  One of these years
I hope to catch HD2A and LT1F on 160M.  I missed ALL of the Caribbean stations
on 10M resulting in 5 Banders with 15 stations (all in NA / SA).

40M seemed to peak BEFORE my sunset and I picked up 9 New Mults in the last
hour of the contest, including DL G GW LZ ON OZ SP UR YU which says a lot about
40M propagation to EU after dark (or how I allocated my time on the band!)

Tom N4KG in North Alabama