[3830] ARRLDX SSB WI9WI M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 5 15:38:42 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: M/S LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 3 or 4

   20:   1     1
   15:   1     1
Total:   2     2  Total Score = 12

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I spent a few hours during the weekend trying to work my friend Chad, WE9V, at
PJ2T. Got him on 15 and 20. Heard him on 40 but couldn't work him. My home amp
is still in transit from our trip to J7DX for CW. In spite of following the
spots I never could hear him on 80 or 10. No 160 antenna at home here in
Madison.

The main weekend project was moving everything, and I mean everything, from the
basement to the garage for a long planned basement remodeling/repair project
which started Monday. So in between moving, throwing stuff out, and cleaning, I
listened and chased some spots for PJ2T.

IC-765
C-3S
135 ft dipole at 25 ft for 40/80
No 160 antenna.

Sounds like I didn't miss much. There was S 8-9 noise on 40 and 80 which is
unusual for here, and I could hardly hear the US stations, let alone any DX.

73

Jim