[3830] ARRLDX SSB W4IX SOSB/15 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 5 20:20:58 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4IX
Operator(s): W4IX
Station: W4IX

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: TN

Total:  165    44  Total Score = 21,780

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Boy that was brutal...I think I swept the band back and forth as many times as
the guys at K3LR hit the CQ key...still managed to stay in the chair except for
a few hours Sunday morning had to go to a birthday brunch for my
mother-in-law...but at that time knowing we were not going to have a European
opening made the decision easy..High points were getting VK4HAM on Friday nite
( only VK hrd all wknd )..getting through to 9J2BO and ZD7X before the packet
rush ( they both were only in for minutes )..Low point was not wrking any
Europeans or JA's...even though I had good copy on several backscatter signals
like TM6M, OE4A, 4O3A, and JA3YBK, but knew they would not hr my 100w and low
antenna signal..but I tried!!! looking foward to some sunpots..maybe we can
crash something big into the sun and create our own propagation!! 73's and
thanks to all the DX stations that wrked me this weekend...Hope to cu all in
the WPX contests...John W4IX

STATION:  Kenwood TS-830 / 6 Ele. M2 @ 40 feet / CT 9.54