[3830] ARRLDX SSB WE3C M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 6 08:47:08 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: WE3C
Operator(s): WE3C, W3FV, NN3Q, KQ3V, NM3E, WB3FIZ, KQ3F, KF3B
Station: WE3C

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: PA

   20: 1376   115
Total: 2591   398  Total Score = 3,078,132

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

On top of the poor propagation, several types of noise challenged us.  QRN from
rain/snow static was tremendous and persisted through the event.  A "line
noise" type of static seemed to be there all the time (not sure this was line
noise, but atmospheric).  QRM levels on 20M limited our ability to work
callers.

40M was more difficult than ever with the limited EU openings and lack of SR
enhancements.  We did have a great time working VK & ZL and thank all the
stations for calling in.

We had the opportunity to utilize the station capabilities with a full team of
operators for the first time.  We were able to manage band changes and
operating times very effectively which was great fun.  What is even more
exciting is there is so much more to be improved and enhanced.

We can't thank all the DX stations enough, you make the contest.  And, thanks
to the great competition, it is a privilege to compete with you!

And, congratulation to our team, thank you for all your hard efforts.

The WE3C Team