[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Mar 7 15:22:59 EST 2008

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Mar 7

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: RF Hole
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   1      1
   80:  29     11
   40:   7      6
Total:  37     18  Total Score = 666

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

HORRORS - What an OMINOUS total score number to start off the NSL with ;-(

40m was terrible here & it took 3 minutes to make the first Q.

80m was noisy but my semi-salvation, and I am now probably louder since the
tree trimmer whacked away enough so one side of my inverted vee is no longer
wrapped *around* the top of the pine tree, and has a clear path to its
terminus!

160m was skimpy with N6RO (Old Reliable) my only Q on that band.

Sorry I had to ask for some repeats (WA1Z, W9RE, etc.), but QSB sometimes took
signals into the noise crapper.

I was really not prepared for last night, and hope the 666 score is not a
predictor of the rest of the NSL for me.

NSL - had never seen that term until N3BB used it his email this morning - I
like it!!!

73 & Tnx for the Q's...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust

P.S. Hmmm...I guess NSL could also be: Non Sequitur Locust. I wonder if that's
really what Jim meant? :-)