[3830] ARRLDX SSB N4QV SOSB/40 HP

Randy Shirley n4qv at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 9 10:15:57 EDT 2008

ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 2008

      Call:      N4QV
      Category:  Single Operator
      Power:     High Power
      Band:      Mono 40
      Mode:      SSB
      Section:   SFL

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES

      160        0        0   0.0        0
       80        0        0   0.0        0
       40      158      474   3.0       64
       20        0        0   0.0        0
       15        0        0   0.0        0
       10        0        0   0.0        0
     --------------------------------------

     Totals    158      474   3.0       64  =   30,336

Equipment Description:

Kenwood TS940SAT, Alpha 78, Inverted V @ 70 Feet

Club Affiliation: Florida Contest Group

Conditions were poor.  There were not many stations to work after a short while, so I kept tuning
the band, but I was hearing the same stations,over and over.  I tried running but couldn't get any responses.
It got pretty boring after a while but I kept going.

Interesting to hear 4 different JA stations calling CQ, but I could not raise any of them! Other bigger guns
were having the same luck, so I didn't feel so bad!  JA1YPA had a huge pileup but couldn't hear any of
the callers.

I was interesting to work KH7X as early as 0232z and ZL3A two hours later at 0432z.
It was the middle of the afternoon there!