[3830] Rus DX ZS4TX(@ZS9X) SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 16 09:52:57 EDT 2008

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: ZS4TX
Operator(s): ZS4TX
Station: ZS9X

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Bloemfontein

  160:     0     1        1         0
   80:   102     6       31        12
   40:   444    33       52        48
   20:   330   127       54        46
   15:   334   485       74        47
   10:   147    57       32         6
Total:  1357   709      244       159  Total Score = 5,037,500

First attempt at RDXC.  Mains supply failed halfway into the contest so had to
do the remaining part on generator supply. Static killed the low bands as
usual. I heard the W4AN station reasonably loud on 160m but could not make it
in his log.  A severe battle with the elements over a few hours gave me just
108 QSOs on 80m.  I expect a big reduction in claimed score...

Lessons learned (band choices/directions etc) will hopefully help with a better
strategy next year!  If I can just remember them....

Thanks for all the contacts.

Bernie, ZS4TX