[3830] Rus DX K0XP SOSB/40 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 16 13:25:20 EDT 2008

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: K0XP
Operator(s): K0XP
Station: K0XP

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0         0        0
   80:   24     0         8        0
   40:  227     0        50        9
   20:   74     0        27        4
   15:    3     0         2        0
   10:    0     0         0        0
Total:  227     0        50        9  Total Score = 13,393

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

SOSB 40m CW only, part-time. It's a pity SOs can't enter single-band, single
mode; who in their right mind would ever want to work voice mode on 40m? 8-)
QRN on 80m was the worst I've ever heard it and European sigs were extra weak
both nights; I'd originally intended to work 80m only but very quickly found it
uninhabitable. 40m wasn't much better but the new antlers worked wonders;
frequently couldn't hear those calling. Got into a peeing contest with a PY who
insisted on trying to take the clear freq I'd been on for 4 minutes Saturday
night; maybe he was off on his 2nd radio when I found the "clear" frequency on
which I'd already made 2 Qs before he returned ;o)