[3830] Rus DX N2IC SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 16 14:22:13 EDT 2008

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: New Mexico

  160:   24       4       5         0
   80:  130      26      33         5
   40:  362      11      46        16
   20:  210    1014      54        20
   15:   28      44      18         0
   10:    0       2       2         0
Total:  754    1101     158        41  Total Score = 1,103,654

>From the southwest USA, conditions were extremely poor to Europe and Russia on
all bands, resulting in very poor multiplier numbers. Just a short,
non-runnable, opening on 20 after sunrise, and short, sporadic openings on 40
and 80 at night. In this contest, activity from USA contesters leaves much to
be desired, compared to CQWW, ARRL DX and WPX. That left me with nothing to do
during the daytime hours but run non-contesting USA stations on 20 meter SSB. I
haven't done a single-op contest using outside DX spotting in at least 15 years,
so that felt a little strange. With such poor conditions, the DX spotting from
the eastern USA was of very limited value.

Don't think I'll play in this contest again until there are sunspots. Just not
fun.

Thanks for the QSO's.

73,
Steve, N2IC