[3830] Rus DX K1ZM SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 16 19:29:48 EDT 2008

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: K1ZM
Operator(s): K1ZM
Station: K1ZM

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Massachusetts

  160:   23      2       14         1
   80:  124     54       59         2
   40:  392      7       65        17
   20:  376    469       87        49
   15:    9     13       13         0
   10:    0      3        2         0
Total:  924    548      240        69  Total Score = 2,211,513

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I really liked this contest - I just wish I had showed up with my game face on
to operate it more intelligently!  No excuses....

There was a trade off between chasing packet spots and mults this weekend that
I obviously could have optimized better than I did and this choice (once made)
put me well behind the QSO leaders almost immediately - this was was clear to
me after the third hour & as the contest progressed from there.  At one point,
I counted 5 stations having qso totals quite a bit ahead of my own....

To make matters worse, there was yet another commercial power failure from
1055z - 1135z on Sunday morning that made any chance I had to maximize the
final hour impossible.

Still, having a chance to place well in the end offers some consolation - HI!

Congrats to Randy - K5ZD - who really showed how to separate the men from the
"rest of the gang" in this one.  Well done OM!

CU in the next one

73 JEFF  K1ZM at aol.com