[3830] Rus DX VK7GN(VK2IA) SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 16 20:20:07 EDT 2008

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: VK7GN
Operator(s): VK2IA
Station: VK7GN

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Tasmania

  160:    1     0         1         0
   80:   50     0        24        14
   40:  342     0        62        31
   20:  241     0        50        50
   15:   84     0        12        23
   10:    0     0         0         0
Total:  718     0       149       118  Total Score = 1,237,011

A big thanks to Linda and Martin for their great hospitality and moral support
during the slow hours of the contest (...and there were quite a lot of them).

Long distances to the three major ham radio population centres is generally the
biggest challenge for us here in VK with VK7 sure holding the top position (or
should we call it the bottom?)'!!  The only time that I felt closer to the
action was during those brief long-path openings on 40 and 20 to EU...

Enjoyed the contest, especially playing with Martin's SO2R high-tech station (2
x TT Orion etc) which added an extra challenge to the game. Must admit that I
still prefer to use my more basic K2 and IC-735 though for the stuff I do...

До свидания!
73
Bernd  VK2IA