[3830] VaQP WA4PGM Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 17 15:28:56 EDT 2008

                    Virginia QSO Party

Call: WA4PGM
Operator(s): WA4PGM, KA4RRU
Station: WA4PGM

Class: Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  1093    11      0  Mults = 97  Total Score = 210,975

Club: Central Virginia Contest Club

Comments:

Many thanks to everyone for the contacts!!!! It was a lot of fun having another
driver/op(KA4RRU) with me this year. We missed our goal but due to problems
with computer and antenna we lost several hours. The Icom 756 Pro II worked
great, the laptop with GPS had a number of problems making it difficult to
follow the route but we managed. When changing to 20 meters the antenna didn't
want to tune back to 40, switching to 80 was plagued by high SWR. The
TurboTuner was getting some RF that was cured with a few clamp on toroids. All
in all we had a fun time and looking forward to next year. 773 miles, 2.5 tanks
of gas, 52 counties/cities for a possible new VA Mobile Record.
<P>
73 - Kyle & Mike