[3830] WPX SSB K6GEP SO(A)AB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 30 20:32:07 EDT 2008

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: CA

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I think I probably missed the best hour on 15m this weekend by missing
the first hour of the contest.

Bands seemed generally poor this weekend.  I think the best DX was Friday
night.  Didn't work any Europe or Africa (other than D44), and only 3 JA's.

I worked 2 band fillers - YJ8 on 15 and 8R1K on 40.

Calls to not confuse: VE6SV and VE7SV.

My biggest disappointment of the contest was when I woke up early this
morning to work DX on 40, and none of the DX in the Pacific and Asia
was listening up!  ARGH!

Rig:  FT-990  100W

Ants:  80 Meter Sloping Dipole from 50 feet
       40 Meter Inverted Vee at 50 feet
       20 meter dipole at 20 feet
       15 Meter diplole at 25 feet

Software: N3FJP WPX Logger