[3830] WPX SSB N4XL SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 30 20:36:42 EDT 2008

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: N4XL
Operator(s): N4XL
Station: N4XL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SC

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to all who worked me. Almost gave up Saturday morning as bands so bad.
Glad I stuck it out. Had a blast Sunday. Twice had best rates I've ever had.
Skyhawk at 55 ft gives me 2 s-units over the A4S at 25 ft. MANY contacts made
with K9AY loop that I otherwise would have missed. I'll have to put up a
permanent mast for it as it's here to stay.

FT1000MP Field
Skyhawk @ 55 ft
A4S @ 25 ft
272 ft horizontal loop @ 25 ft
33 ft 80/40 vertical @ 7 ft (top loaded on 80 mtrs)
K9AY loop (4 directional switching with preamp)
Inverted L for 160 (45 ft vertical and approximately thirty radials from 8 to
60 ft.)