[3830] WPX SSB NQ4I M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 31 08:59:18 EDT 2008

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): K4PK, W5LE, WB4A, K0EJ, KF4GTA, VE7ZO, KU1CW, K4NV, K4BAI, K5KG, W4DD, WI4R, NQ4I
Station: NQ4I

Class: M/M HP
QTH: GA

   40: 2094
   20: 1728

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000Ds, FT1000MPs, amps, 700 to 1.5 KW output.  Rick had to leave early today
to go out of town.  I can't adequately describe the antennas for bands that I
didn't operate.  General operating assignments were:
160M:  K4PK
75M:  W5LE, WB4A
40M:  K0EJ, KF4GTA
20M:  VE7ZO, KU1CW, K4NV
15M:  K4BAI, K5KG
10M:  W4DD, WI4R
All:  NQ4I

Low bands were quite good, particularly the first day.  On Saturday afternoon,
there were rainstorms in the area and QRN was bad on the low bands that night.
20M and up closed tight at night except for some VK/ZL on 20M.  15M saw only a
few Eu QSOs on Sat and not too many more on Sun, mostly on the East skew path.
We heard and called many Europeans on 15 who did not hear us.  On 15, we worked
southern and western Europe only.  Only JA on 15 was JA3YBK on Sat afternoon on
the skew path to VK.  Most DX on 10M was SA, CA, and Caribbean.  Hard to work
other US stations on 15 and 10 with little or no Es propagation.

Thanks for all the QSOs, particularly for those resulting from QSYs from band
to band.

73,

John, K4BAI
For the NQ4I Team.