[3830] 7QP K6VVA SOMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 4 08:31:18 EDT 2008

                    7th Area QSO Party

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: SOMixed HP
QTH: RF Hole
Operating Time (hrs): 1+

  160:    1
   80:   30     8
--------------------
Total:   65     8  Mults = 36  Total Score = 7,596

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

For the last 2 years I had hoped to operate the 7QP from 7-Land, but have
readjusted the goal (again) for 7QP 2009.

WriteLog burped over some County ID's (like ORLAN, UTIRO, etc.) and would not
accept the QSO entry so had part of the log on small post-its.  In the process,
I QLF'd at least one mult name and will get busted.  Sorry for some dupe calls,
but WL wasn't giving dupe notices worth beans.  Maybe there was a revised 7QP
module I should have downloaded?  I had also started out trying to put 599 into
the 1st County field which was pure operator QLF.

Various errands kept me from much QRV in this 7QP.  One of my best excuses for
the day was an eyeball QSO, lunch & 807's with N3BB at a brewpub near HRO in
Sunnyvale during his weekend trip out this way. Plus, 1.5 hours travel time
:^0

Many LOUD 7-land signals on 40m & 80m Saturday Night.  W7RN was pinning my
S-meter and making the RX thump-thump-thump.  ScottyMan, W7SE (W1ESE) had a
MONSTER signal out here.

Mike/KC7V was my only 160m Q (answered my auto-CQ - TNX!!!).

73 & Tnx for all the Q's...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust