[3830] 7QP N2CU SOCW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 4 10:22:54 EDT 2008

                    7th Area QSO Party

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: SOCW HP
QTH: NY

--------------------
Total:  135     0  Mults = 59  Total Score = 23,895

Club: WNYDXA

Comments:

Just a few hours on to make up for completely missing the FQP last weekend. I
thought conditions were OK but had QRN from bad WX in this part of the country.
I second Zoli's comment about 100 more sunspots though.

Heard N9RV calling CQ on 80m when it was still daylight in MT. I gave an answer
but he didn't get my call... only then I realized I was transmitting (1kW) on my
40m sloper - ouch! Quickly switched to the 80m vertical and got an immediate
"WOW" from him. Don't know if it was because my signal came up or if he didn't
expect to be working NY in daylight!

FT1000MP, Drake L7, TH6DXX 50', 40m sloper, 80m sloping vertical, N1MM.

73,
Tom N2CU <><