[3830] 7QP K0RC SOMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 4 17:16:26 EDT 2008

                    7th Area QSO Party

Call: K0RC
Operator(s): K0RC
Station: K0RC

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: MN

--------------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

With the mixture of different QSO Party contacts I logged in this single file, I
had to calculate my score manually. It should be fairly close.

Here some of the stats I dug out of the log:

State	QSOs   CTYs   Most Popular
AZ      80      11    AZMCP (26) AZGLE (9)
ID	15       8    IDBOU ( 4) IDOWY (3)
MT	20       8    IDMIS ( 5) IDSIL (5)
NV	12       4    NVSTO ( 6) NVCLA (3)
OR      69      23    ORWSH (14) ORCOL (8)
UT	37      19    UTCAC ( 6) UTDAV (4)
WA	65      11    WASNO (20) WAKNG (12)
WY	19       9    WYLAR ( 6) WYCRO (3)

In the middle of all the Party activity and "poor propagation" on 20m SSB I
managed to work a VK2 and VK4 short path!

I propose the State QSO Party organizers begin serious consideration to
standardize their contest exchange. There are 39 different QSO Party modules
in my contesting program. One program author has discontinued support for these
parties because of the cost/benefit ratio can't be justfied. Support in the
remaining programs is not stellar.

A standard exchange of State + County by both in-state and out-of -state
participants would allow multiple QSO Parties to run during overlapping time
periods efficiently. Logs could be parsed and scored easily from the 3,077
"entities" in the US.

In addition, this sets the stage for transporting the county information into
your daily logging program.

Okay, someone hold the ladder while I get off Cloud-9. The air is pretty thin
up here and I think it's affecting my thinking.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN