[3830] ARI YP9W(@YO9WF) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 5 19:13:18 EDT 2008

                    ARI International DX Contest

Call: YP9W
Operator(s): YO9GZU YO9WF
Station: YO9WF

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Buciumeni

  160:    86                    46
   80:   250                    84
   40:   779                   139
   20:   699                   138
   15:    20                    16
   10:     0                     0
------------------------------------
Total:  1834    0       0      425  Total Score = 3,452,275

The writelog module we used don't count the QSOs by mode, so we figured up the
total on every band. All the contacts are in CW/SSB. We didn't work RTTY, even
at times the cluster was showing many goodies to improve the score.

The contest format is excellent, but the rules are prohibitive with the use of
a second multiplier station for M/S, so we had to work on shifts and there was
a lot of time available for rest. We think that a standard approach for the M/S
(with 2 radios) can make the contest much more inquirer because there are lots
of multipliers to work.

The first hour in 40SSB was the best, putting 120 qso in log (85 Italian
stations). Good Italian activity, better than the years before, with all those
IW stations. 20m to I-land wasn't in the desired shape.

    160M  80M  40M  20M  15M  10M Total
I     24   66  306  241    9        646

This time we were glad to hear stations calling with two letters. It meant they
were 10 pointers and possible multipliers :))

73 Tibi YO9GZU / Ionut YO9WF