[3830] NewEngQP N8II Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 5 20:20:27 EDT 2008

                    New England QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:     35       38
   40:     86       49
   20:     27        6
------------------------
Total:    148       93  Mults = 53  Total Score = 20,617

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I felt like a one-armed paper hanger Saturday evening trying to keep up with 4
QSO parties, but managed to collect 109 Q's by 0415Z when I quit for the
night.
It was getting really hard to find any new NE stations.
Phone and mobile activity was a bit disappointing; I'm guessing the mobiles
spent a lot of time on 20 where it was impossible for me to work them. The
fixed stations heard me pretty well on 20 as they were all weak scatter sigs
except one from WASME. I was just about the perfect distance to work 40 both
day and night which helped. Thanks to mobiles WA1Z and K1EP for several Q's and
a few rare ones. Condx were good on 80 and 40 and the noise was low.