[3830] NewEngQP K1KI/M SO Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed May 7 17:08:48 EDT 2008

                    New England QSO Party

Call: K1KI/M
Operator(s): K1KI
Station: K1KI/M

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH: 4 states

   80:     74
   15:      3
   10:
------------------------
Total:    764       0  Mults = 67  Total Score = 102,376

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Another fun drive on northern New England roads before the tourists arrive.
Started out at the Cabot Creamery (good cheese!)in Vermont.

Weather wasn't great but it wasn't a washout - and actually had an hour of
partial sunshine at the end.   Usually see some interesting wildlife but this
time the list was just one turkey (and a roadkill moose).

Added some extra grounding and the antennas behaved better than last year.
Conditions seemed better also with more west coast QSOs this time.  Even
squeezed in a couple on 15m.

Never worked a New York station and never heard a DL...  I know I missed a few
other states also.

80   74 QSOs
40  310
20  377
15    3

Worked 332 different stations overall.   Nice to get some repeat customers as
the counties changed.  Had the most QSOs with K1GU/4(20), followed by N4PN(19)
NF4A(15) CU2JT(14) VE1RGB(12) N4UC(11) K0JPL(10) N4CW(10) and W4SVO(10).  Had
at least five QSOs with 35 stations (and at least two with 145 stations).  Only
54 QSOs with New England stations - most were way too weak when in northern NE.

Hit 22 counties overall - all but one in VT, and some in NH MA and CT.  Planned
to go to two more but missed a turn in the twilight late Saturday...

The last 2.5 hours was a lot of fun with six counties and new people to work in
each one!
                    73 Tom