[3830] NCCC Sprint KA3DRR LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu May 8 23:39:44 EDT 2008

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 9

Call: KA3DRR
Operator(s): KA3DRR
Station: KA3DRR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): .50

  160:   0     0
   80:   0     0
   40:   1     1
   20:   5     4
-------------------
Total:   6     5  Total Score = 30

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Deploying my CC&R antenna (small flat top center fed doublet) this evening went
down as one for the book. Wire and rope will find a place to tangle itself
especially in the large bush just below the antenna. Tug. Pull. Gently tug. And
gently pull. Then the system is up and ready for the fastest 30-minutes in
RadioSport.

Lots of fun on 20M this evening and K0AD answered my CQ within the first
30-seconds. Right on. Thanks Tor, N4OGW for a pair of Qs on this band and K5UV
for the follow-up a few minutes later. Then N5OD struck the antenna with his
stellar signal. My headphones are still smokin.

Scotty, W7SW and his giant signal from Arizona helped my 40M effort with a
bonus multiplier. I searched and pounced for the remainder of the evening but
didn't get anything going in the log. Next time!

Thanks for a fun evening and all the best to those going to Dayton this year.
Go NS!

73, Scot KA3DRR