[3830] NCCC Sprint KG5U LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 11 01:06:24 EDT 2008

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 9

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

  160:   0     0
   80:   0     0
   40:  15     9
   20:   0     0
-------------------
Total:  15     9  Total Score = 135

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Was attending (as a volunteer) the US ARDF (Amateur Radio Direction Finding)
Championships at Bastrop State Park near Austin May 8-10.  After a dinner in
town with USARDFC orgainizers WM5R & W5JEN and others, I drove to a Walmart
parking lot and tried to operate in the NS.  Between the computer software
(TR4W) suddenly stopping me from working dupes (it worked fine in the first ten
or fifteen minutes then stopped accepting dupe qso's) and my weak, puny, yet
whopping 100W, sigs, it was tough to make any Q's:  zero responses to my CQ's
AND no winning "jump balls", as N3BB called them in his report.  Fortunately, I
found a few stations calling CQ with no responses, so I was able to sneak in
there for a Q here and there.

This was the first time I was glad this was only a 30 minute contest.  The
satisfaction achieved from masochism and self-flagellation lasts only so long
before it becomes painful.

73 until June 6 (geez!)

dale, kg5u