[3830] WPX CW KT5E SOSB40 QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 25 17:20:13 EDT 2008

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KT5E
Operator(s): KT5E
Station: KT5E

Class: SOSB40 QRP
QTH: CO

Club: Colorado QRP Club

Comments:

In preparation for a QRP field day I thought I would venture a 40m QRP entry.
It was certainly good S&P practice with only a few isolated CQ runs.  I used
the K3 with N1MM for the first time.  N1MM is a fantastic program and with the
K3 both rig info and CW keying is done on the same serial line - very clean.  I
am still amazed at the blocking dynamic range of the K3.  In a contest like WPX
you really can  "hear the difference".  I worked a nice bit of DX from Colorado
and I appreciate all the European ops that took the time to pull me out from all
the loud stations.  This is still one of my favorite contests.

CU in ARRL Field Day as W0CQC

Jay - KT5E