[3830] WPX CW H7/K9GY(@YN2N) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 25 21:35:49 EDT 2008

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: H7/K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: YN2N

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: EK71au

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Wow this contest had it all! Great condx, then stinko condx, then great condx
again... Barking dogs, rain, thunder, loud am/fm radios from neighbors, wasps
in the shack, roosters crowing at all hours...Geez almost feel like I'm in the
jungle...I thought I had a lot of distractions back in Illinois, hah!

The last 2-1/2 hours of the contest it was pouring rain outside. Maybe it was a
sign to stay on 20m instead of going to 40m earlier like I had planned. Even
operated the last hour with lightening...I am crazy or what! My apologies to
UR5FEL as we lost power for a few minutes right when he was going to send my
number...you're in the log but without a number....argh! Amazed to get my freq
back on 20m after the brief outage (less than 5-10 minutes).

Off times! Ah I think I'm starting to hate off times now. Maybe if I was able
to get the off times right I might be ok with them. Seems like they never work
out right for me.

When NR4M gave #222 on 10m I thought geez did I miss a good opening on 10m
somewhere? I thought I was fairly good about checking 10m...umm!

Initial goal was 2,200 Qs. It looked good at the end of Day 1 when I had 1,320
Qs at 43 mins after 00z. So just needed another 880 during Day 2! Came just a
tad short on Day 2. Score is close to my 2006 C6AYM effort.

Thought I would be T/S entry but the 40m quad negates that.

Friday afternoon was fun....We had a 6m opening to FL.

Another fun time in Central America :-)

FT-857d
3L Cushcraft tribander
2L 40m Quad