[3830] WPX CW PY1KS SOSB20 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 25 21:41:15 EDT 2008

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: PY1KS
Operator(s): PY1KS
Station: PY1KS

Class: SOSB20 LP
QTH:

Club: GACW

Comments:

Hi all,

Well, watta test! hihihihi... This time only check-log.

I had no good antenna to be a competitive one this time, just a inverted V to
30m, but the will to be in contest was bigger! I gone out side and cut my 30m
dipole to 20m just one hour before contest begins. I have had to turn my
Computer off because his power supply was generating a lot of QRM, and used my
new keyer. I got a S5 QRM on 20m, but the amazing thing was my reception on 40m
and 80m, yeah!!! 40m and 80m With a 20m inverted-V just a 15 feet high and stuck
on wall, and his legs to 6 feet from the ground. I could heard a lot of European
stations on 80m as well as American and a Hawaii, I got impressed. Also
Japaneses on 40m. Just using piece of crap antenna stuck on my wall. I am away
from HAM radio around 5 years already, because some personal things, and this
time I am backing in, and next week I will lifting my beam antennas and the
tower up (I hope so).

Well, I'm too excited! I Can't wait to be on the next contest.

Cya in the next one!

PY1KS - Alex (Future PY2***)