[3830] WPX CW WA4PXP(@W7DXX) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 25 21:49:25 EDT 2008

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WA4PXP
Operator(s): WA4PXP
Station: W7DXX

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: New Mexico

This was a real laid back effort.  I chased DX spots from  Asia only for most of
the test.  Worked 3 BT, BD stations on 40.  Another highlight was working 9M6XRO
on two bands.  Also a big thanks goes out to 9M2CNC working hard to hear me late
in the opening on 40.  I would love to know the antenna and power level from
RK0LWW they were amazing on 40 about 40 over 9. And finally  XW1A on Sunday
morning  had a very solid signal on 14065.

Stations heard but not worked included 9V1YC and DX1DBT on 40, The wire up 25'
was not enough.  One spot that I could hear but not copy and work was XU7PN on
7038 RTTY.

Thanks to Keith W7DXX for the use of the internet controlled rig in New
Mexico.

Jim
WA4PXP