[3830] WPX CW MD0CCE SOAB(TS) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 26 06:36:20 EDT 2008

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: MD0CCE
Operator(s): MD0CCE
Station: MD0CCE

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: Isle of Man

   20: 1109

Wow, lots of fun, good 10m and 15m openings, and 20m open to North America until
long past the time to switch to 40/80.  Spent a day working out strategy,
switching times, etc based on last year's result, and can see both the
improvement and what more needs to be done!

After conditions making 10m completely unavailable here for many contests, what
nice surprises to be called on 10m by EX2, VU2, HS0, 4K9, several PYs, LUs, and
two CXs.  Also a thrill to be called by VP8NO on 40m in the last hour of the
contest.

Perplexing, though, to be called by someone (no callsign given) to demand I QSY
because I am causing QRM to him, after running on the same frequency for an
hour.  When I asked his callsign, he just started sending IDIOT over and over,
QRMing my QSOs.  Ah, the heat of competition.

Thanks to all who called, and the encouragement and hellos from friends.
Congratulations to the UK high scorers - Don G3BJ, Nigel G3TXF, and others(?) -
the contest was fun but hard work, too!

See you in IOTA/IARU!

73, Bob  MD0CCE