[3830] WPX CW DR4A M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 26 08:54:54 EDT 2008

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: DR4A
Operator(s): DK5PD, DK9VZ, DK9PY, DL6WT, DJ9KM, DC8SG
Station: DR4A

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JN39VV

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

This years WPX brought a lot of changes in our setup and our antenna situation.
Highlight was new 5 Element Vertical in direction NA which played perfectly.
Nearly half of the qso-points have been reached with this antenna, especially
in the 1st nights opening to NA.
On Saturday morning we lost our 4 Element Tribander at the running station
because of a fast changing SWR on 15 and 20m (Traps?). So we changed with the
running station to the Mult Beam and the Mult-Station was restricted to 10m on
the high bands; not a strong restriction with this opening on 10m ;-))
At the end it is a new team record and maybe a new German record in M/S?

Thanks to all who worked us and all who supported us, especially our families