[3830] WPX CW KQ7W(@N7BV) M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 26 12:39:07 EDT 2008

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KQ7W
Operator(s): N7BV, K7WA
Station: N7BV

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: WWA

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Conditions were much better than we expected - 20 was open almost 24 hours a day
and 40 was very productive the first night, we ended up with more points on 40
than 20 in spite of 300 fewer QSOs!  Spending an hour out in the sticker-bushes
Friday afternoon working on the 160 meter radials paid off with one JA QSO
Sunday morning!  I had bet Chuck that 160 would be more productive than 10, but
I had to work at it!

Thanks go to Chuck N7BV and Karen for their station and wonderful hospitality,
Bob K6MBY (who was unable to join us) for systems support and Matt KQ7W (also
unable to join us) for his magnetic callsign.