[3830] WPX CW W7WHY SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 26 19:58:20 EDT 2008

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY
Station: W7WHY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): ~8

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

This operation was done from the camper out in the campground.  Hated to miss
this contest as it is one of my favorites, so took the radio and antenna, and
snuck into the trailer when nobody was looking and made some contacts.

Used the TS-450SAT and a 100' zepp fed with 300 ohm TV ribbon.  It was only
about 20 feet high, but worked pretty good for a compromise antenna.

Sorry if I called you for a dupe, but was doing this all on paper.  Forgot how
hard it is to keep a dupe sheet without having a computer handy.  No packet, no
spots and no Skimmer.

Seems like 20 meters was in very good shape Friday night as I was able to work
a bunch of DX.  Even 10 and 15 opened up for a while.

All in all it was a fun weekend, combining camping and contesting!!  73

Tom W7WHY