[3830] WPX CW N1LN SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 26 21:13:35 EDT 2008

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Due to a few family activities on the holiday weekend time was limited, but I
did manage to spend a few hours.  Conditions were much better than expected.
Saturday afternoon I thought I would try 15 meters and work a few South
Americans but then I heard Europeans calling CQ so I turned the top beam to
45deg.  Some of the signals were above S9.  Sunday was about the same.  Twenty
opened to Europe about 10:45 UTC both Saturday and Sunday morning giving me
some time to get a few good runs in before the obligations took over. Sunday I
was working EU on 1 beam and working JAs on another one.  Great to have the
antennas about finished.  I was also surprised to work into India, Philippines,
and China.  Never  made it to 10 meters but from reading a few reports I should
have tried it.  Would have liked to try the new beams.   Oh well, next time.
The bands are coming back!!!

73,
Bruce - N1LN