[3830] NCCC Sprint K7SS(@K7RI) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri May 30 00:06:48 EDT 2008

                    NCCC Sprint - May 30

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7RI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: wa
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   1      1
   80:   3      2
   40:  29     15
   20:  38     13
Total:  71     31  Total Score = 2,201

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

What a rush !! Optimal bandwidth, optimal number of players, and great condx. on
20.  spent 15 minutes on 20, 12 minutes on 40, 2.5 minutes on 80, and .5 minute
on  160...just long enough for W7OM and I to find each other on 1815 for the
mult. Used Tom's computer keyboard to use two memories, F1 was "danwa" and F2
was "danwak7ss". Speed them both up to 48wpm and had to train myself to
remember which one to push in which circumstance, F1 after I got an answer to a
CQ, and F2 when I called someone and they replied. Its always a challenge to
know when to leave a good band...and 20 was still strong but pretty empty by
:15, that also happens to 40 for us out west at :25.  I would guess most
midwest and east guys do :10 on each band with last minute if at all, on 160.
hence the empty band from :10-:15 on twenty. But theres always some SO2R guys
still with one radio on 20..and thats who we usually log in those 5 minutes.
Never heard from IL K9BGL, and W9RE was hard to work and not too loud. Kept
getting beat by N6RO on 40. happened 3 times i can recall. WHAT FUN...and WHAT
A GREAT BUNCH OF OPS !! WOW...! see you guys next time !!  73 de K7SS DanWa
(in deference to the ORIGINAL & GENUINE  DanWA W7WA).