[3830] SS CW W4ZW SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 2 21:56:20 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W4ZW
Operator(s): W4ZW
Station: W4ZW

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 11:45

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Soapbox : Started with high expectations, even reworked my 80M OCF with one arm
in a sling.  Managed 8 Q's from the start when my main radio computer crashed.
Swapped out the computer and restored the backup and was back on in less than
two hours.  Installed new N1MM in the new computer and it crashed periodically
for the rest of the contest; "Variable overflow,"
With my right arm still in a sling from my shoulder replacement surgery two
weeks ago, just couldn't get comfortable with being a one armed "lefty" so
resigned to just working a while off and on. Great to hear so many FCGers on!
Saw NT spotted a few times but no propagation here, so missed NT for the sweep.
 Toward the end, I'd have traded about three dozen MDC's for one NV!  Was there
a SS convention in MDC?  And what's with the guys who don't send their call as
part of the exchange?  Breaks the rhythm because I use it as a call check and
when they don't send it my old brain does a reset and I usually miss the first
number of the check.  Call is a part of the exchange according to the rules.
And what's with sending random sequences in the exchange?  SEC CK CALL NR
PREC???

Activated our new Pine View School ARC club call, W4PVC, for about 50 Q's on
Sunday.  Our first license class is tomorrow.

And for our score keeper,    Confirmation #: 4048788.arrl-ss-cw

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW

Casey Key Island, Florida
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"