[3830] SS CW N6KJ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 2 22:04:14 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N6KJ
Operator(s): N6KJ
Station: N6KJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SCV

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was probably the most frustrating contest for me ever thanks to rain
induced corona noise on nearby high tension lines.  Had S7 noise on 40m and S9+
on 80m for about the first 7 hours of the contest.  Bands were quiet once the
rain stopped.  I almost decided to quit.  The QRN was giving me a headache.
Couldn't go the full 24 hours because of the QRN interruptions.  My second best
SOLP ever, but wish it could have been better.