[3830] SS CW K6JEB SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 2 22:49:09 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6JEB
Operator(s): K6JEB
Station: K6JEB

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: East Bay
Operating Time (hrs): 23:08

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thursday I finished erecting a borrowed Cushcraft A3S+40m add-on (thanks AA6XZ
for Antarctic yagi!) in my back yard for contest season. Friday/Halloween I
turned 40 (and brought in 40 as a Karate Chimp). Although it was raining when
the contest began, everything ran just fine.  I didn't get traction on 80m
until later in the evening but had a hoot on 15m, then 20m, then 40m with the
40m dipole on the Cushcraft.  Sunday I scrambled and finally worked a Clean
Sweep (after being a ham for 25 years!) as well as surpassing my personal goal
of 500 QSOs.  Wahoo!  I opened champagne with the Clean Sweep, thanks go to
VY1EI for pateintly working all of us.  Biggest thanks to my wife for putting
up with 'contest season' and for the excellent food and of course the night out
in the City I won't forget.   If this is what being a 40-something is about,
LET'S ROCK -n- ROLL!  Cycle 24 here we come!