[3830] SS CW NN4TO(K1TO) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 2 22:57:38 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NN4TO
Operator(s): K1TO
Station: K1TO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WCF

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Operated in memory of Vic, N4TO - SK August 15.

NN4TO license arrived a few hours before the start of SS.  Was not really
motivated this year and took forever to reconfigure the station from WW SSB.
First QSO in the log at 0457Z.  Operated for 4 hours until about 5AM local.

Back on the air at 1645Z with just 317 valid QSOs in the log.  Had 12 sections
left and figured on making the sweep and racking up some more points for the
FCG.  Did not figure on sitting in the chair right through the end!

VY1EI and VE8EV both called in - nice surprise.  And VO1HP also called very
late on 80 for another surprise.  Also 2 VE4s.  But never heard ND and only
heard KP2M for a moment last night, figuring I could find him/them later.
Bzzzzt.  Kept Searching under every rock this evening and failed to find either
one.

Just used one rig which was fine for most of the time.  But when I started
getting itchy for the sweep, and the rate had slowed to typical Sunday
proportions, I was frustrated at not having wired the station for SO2R after
all.

Both 40-Meter beams are fixed on Europe for the moment, so I avoided that band
until late Sunday evening hoping to find the elusive sweep.

Nice job by the key contest folks @ ARRL to drum up what sounded like a lot of
additional activity and interest thie year.  I suspect SSB will be even better.

73, Dan