[3830] SS CW NE9U SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 3 01:49:46 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: NE9U

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Equipment:  Icom 765 and 751
Cushcraft A4 Yagi @56 feet
80/40 sloper
80/40/20/15/10 fan dipole at 10-15 feet.

I tried playing with my "new" SO2R setup, but as i suspected, I either need
more antenna separation or some bandpass filters...most of the time it was
counter productive, but I forced myself to make some second radio qso's just
for practice. (What do you SO2R guys use?...Dunestar filters?)

Everyone always says 40 meters is the place to be in SS, so I tried to stay
there as much as possible.  My "best" antenna i thought would be on 20 meters,
but i always felt weak there...the 80/40 sloper seemed to hold its own.

Nice to work a lot of familiar call signs such as KT0R.

73

Scott  NE9U