[3830] SS CW K8ZZV Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 3 08:25:47 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K8ZZV
Operator(s): K8ZZV
Station: K8ZZV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI

Very good conditions on 20/40/80.  I got some good sections early so decided to
concentrate on finding sections rather than quantity since I had a limited
amount of time.  As usual, didn't hear North Dakota or the Yukon, but was
surprised I didn't find MS, OK, LAX or WV.  On Sunday I did spend a little time
building up my QSO total.  I'm a poster boy for anyone with a modest station
wanting to participate...TS-570 (I use the built-in antenna tuner)with 100W and
dipole antennas only about 30 feet up. My N3FJP software handles the logging and
the cw generation. I'm a little weak on 20, but I hold my own well on 40 and 80.
 Lots of really good stations out there to dig me out.