[3830] SS CW K0PK Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 3 09:21:50 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K0PK
Operator(s): K0PK
Station: K0PK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Northern MN - EN37

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Started out slow on Saturday, mostly S&P. Things picked up nicely on Sunday
afternoon with some good runs on 20 & 40. Did not hear MB or NL.

Conditions were somewhat spotty here. Checked 15m with the beam north (looking
for NT) and found southern stations coming in stronger w/auroral reflection
than on direct path! However, could not work them that way. Nobody home on 10.

First time for my new Cush. D40 in a contest. Best 40m antenna I've had. Works
very well, 3 ft. above and parallel with the boom of the top TH3. Good
isolation between 20&40 for SO2R using those two antennas. (have coax subs - no
bandpass filters)

Station: FT-2000, TS-940, D40 @ 93', TH3 @ 90', TA33 @ 65', TH3 @ 45', 80m CFZ
@ 60', N1MM logger.

Thanks for the Q's!   73 - Paul, K0PK