[3830] SS CW AC0DS Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 3 10:21:26 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: AC0DS
Operator(s): AC0DS
Station: AC0DS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Another combination of SS and Field Day here.  Due to no antenna rule of HOA I
set up some temporary antennas on Jackite poles in my postage stamp back yard
at 1 PM Saturday and took them down Sunday night.  Used a shortened inverted V
doublet on 80, a full sized ground plane on 40, a 20 meter loop and an end-fed
PAR vertical sloper for 20.  The 40 meter ground plane was the best performer,
even supporting a couple of fun 50+Q runs on Sunday evening!  My best SS
results ever, with 633 Qs and 78 sections.  Missed NL and NT.  What was with
EWA and OK being so scarce this year?  Didn't pick them up until Sunday
afternoon.  Overall a very fun experience with seemingly increased activity.
Used a single K3 that performed flawlessly.