[3830] SS CW VY1EI Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 3 10:42:50 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VY1EI
Operator(s): ERIC
Station: VY1EI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Whitehorse
Operating Time (hrs):

This was my second sweepstakes. Band condx were great the entire time.
Unbelievable QRM on 20 meters, I haven't seen that band so packed on CW. As
usual, 40 meters isn't a good band for the Canadian North.

Saturday was a rough day. I couldn't make out callsigns when 3 stations were
calling at once. A number of folks wouldn't let me finish my QSO. On two
cirumstances I had to get the other station to move to a different freq to
complete the QSO. I didn't get ticked off, I just moved.

Sunday was better, when I got a run going on 15 meters and I got better at
handling pileups. There's no way I can handle 7 callers at once so I would QSY
after it was apparent that the spotters knew where I was.

I had *loads of fun* later on during Sunday afternoon when I did a half hour
search and pounce run on 20 meters. Around 15 contestants came back to me with
"SWEEP!". Hilarious. A lot more fun than running, let me tell you.

Anyway, VE8EV was on as well so hopefully lots of folks got their sweep.

See you all on Sweepstakes SSB. There should be lots of NT contacts that
contest.

Eric
VY1EI