[3830] SS CW WN6K Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 3 20:09:59 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 20:35

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Well another one down and more to come.  I thought that conditions were not bad
for where we are in the cycle.

Lots of "Q" stations with pretty good signals as that category seems to be
gaining popularity.

Had a visit from a prospective ham so took a bit of time off while he dropped
by - got to keep the new ones encouraged so that the pool keeps full.  He
enjoyed looking over my shoulder a bit while I showed him what this crazy part
of our game was and I think another contester is in the future.

Missed NLI + ND.  Now ND is always a guess as to whether we are going to find
one but come on NLI!!!!  Every time I swept the band for "2's" guess what?
They all live in Florida. Well there is always the SSB I guess.

Special thanks to VE8EV for stopping by for my only NT especially in light of
the fact that he said in his 3830 posting that he was NOT a CW guy and just
cruised the band for a short time.  Way to go OM.

WB8JUI, always there, gets my SNIGLET "SNUMBER Award".  That goes to anyone
that matches serial numbers with me (must be above 200 though) as we exchanged
548's.

Lot's of fun as the contest season is once again in full swing.

DX is - and Contesters ARE!

WN6K, Paul