[3830] SS CW N9UC (WO9S) School Club LP

Jonathan L. Rosner rosner at hep.uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 3 23:33:07 EST 2008

                       SWEEPSTAKES SUMMARY

     Contest Dates : 02-Nov-08, 03-Nov-08
     Callsign Used : N9UC
          Operator : WO9S
          Category : School-Club

  Default Exchange : NR S N9UC 53 IL

              Name : Jonathan L. Rosner
           Address : 5640 S. Ellis Avenue
    City/State/Zip : Chicago, IL 60637
           Country : United States

         Team/Club : Society of Midwest Contesters

    80CW       21	 21	     42	      1
    40CW      124	124	    248	     17
    20CW      129	129	    258	     44
    15CW       49	 49	     98	     18

  Totals      323	323	    646	     80

     Final Score = 51,680 points.  Operated for 8:08 hours.  The goal was to
try for a sweep despite the limited available time.  (I returned from a
family wedding in Boston late Sunday morning and had a choral concert in
which my wife was singing on Sunday night.)  The amp was on the fritz
so operated barefoot.  Since I was mostly doing S & P, the lower power
didn't seem to matter much.

     Working VY1EI was an interesting challenge.  He seemed to be changing
frequency often, maybe to avoid the pileup.  I caught him on 15 just after
he had left most of the pileup behind.  Last 2 sections were NE (WY0L) at
2327 UTC and QC (VA2WDQ) at 0051 UTC, 2 minutes before the last QSO with
Sean, KX9X, also in NE.

     Copy was rough on a couple of stations so I could have a couple of
busted sections (lost LAX that way in 2006).  Probably good enough for a
magnet, in any case.  Anyway, lots of fun and glad to add whatever I could
to the club score.