[3830] CQWW SSB CN2B(OH2BH) SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 4 00:22:22 EST 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: CN2B
Operator(s): OH2BH
Station: CN2R

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Casablanca

   20: 3900   138       39
Total: 3900   138       39  Total Score = 2,017,096

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

CONTESTING FROM THE KINGDOM OF MOROCCO AS CN2B

When Jim, W7EJ/CN2R invited me to visit and run his station in Casablanca in
the CQWW 2008, I was delighted. Not only was his station one of those few
running in the front row of any worldwide radio competition but his was also
the third station to break the 20-million score. Besides, we knew each
other from the time we were both on the same payroll in Beaverton, Oregon as
young chaps.

And what a sight it was that greeted us on our arrival in Casablanca. Those
three towers no doubt dominated the skyline of that interesting city. I also
had the privilege to meet Jim's host, Ali, CN8TW plus a friendly local
bunch, such as Mohammed, CN8KD and Youssef, CN8YZ, and taste some local
delicacies. All this adding to Jim's immediate team headed by station
technician Brian.

The contest weekend was unique since 20M closed earlier than usual and
only provided 33 hours of operating time - and only 1200 U.S. QSOs - but gladly
no bed sores. Meanwhile, during those hours contest stations were just rolling
in - yours included!

It was a worthwhile trip in my never-ending search for an optimum radio
location, of meeting the cast of characters plus seeing the planet - our
devoted playing field. I flew home with 4000 QSOs and a suitcase full of
Moroccan cookies and many fond memories.

I did not cut the finish line first; but not to worry, the one ahead of me
was Jeff, N5TJ at VP2E, with the highest score ever in CQWW under his
belt. In my old age, I was no longer up to any miracles.

Until CQWW CW, Martti, OH2BH/CN2B