[3830] SS CW N9RV Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 4 15:53:36 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MT

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Comments:

Had a super start, but when the sun went down my low wire acted like ... well
... a low wire.  15 was open but never as good as 20.  And my effort to put up
a separate 80m dipole this year (so I could use the amp on that band) netted me
only 82 QSO's.

Sure was nice to hear all the KL7's.  But close in Idaho and EWA were kind of
tough.  And I had given up on ND until the last few hours on 40 found him way
up high in the band.

Family obligations kept me from going all out, but the calendar will definitely
be cleared for this contest next year!

  - Pat
    N9RV