[3830] SS CW W6PH Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Nov 7 09:37:17 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: W6PH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Lone Pine, CA

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

One radio operation.  TS-930S, Amplifier.  40-2CD at 55 feet, A3S at 45 feet.

Started with an AL-1200 (1500 watts) that had problems with an arcing
bandswitch.  Changed to an SB-200 (400 watts) on Sunday morning.  Big
difference in responses to CQ's.

I was intimidated by the wall to wall signals on 20m and couldn't find a
frequency to call CQ, so mostly S&P on 20m.

First sweep in over 50 years of SS.  Last three sections were SB, VO, and VE4.
I got called by VY1EI on 40m and damn near fell out of the chair.  Thanks,
Eric.

We should get double points for working QRP stations.  It's a lot of repeats to
pull them out.

It's been several years since I operated SS and this is my personal best ever.
Great time.

                               73, Kurt, W6PH