[3830] JIDX SSB VE6CNU SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 9 22:23:27 EST 2008

                    JIDX Contest, Phone

Call: VE6CNU
Operator(s): VE6CNU
Station: VE6CNU

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Calgary

   20:  50     24
Total:  50     24  Total Score = 1,200

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

The contest started just as 20m was closing down to Japan. Things got tough
about 45 minutes in, but managed to make 50 QSOs before the band went
completely.  This year I used my FL7000 amp, while last year I did a LP effort
and only made 36 QSOs.  The big problem was the high velocity solar wind that
effects the more northern latitudes.  It seemed to peak about the time the
contest started and had the best propagation to Japan.  Anyway, it was fun to
make a few contacts and hopefully next year we'll have better conditions.

Jerry VE6CNU
FT-1000MP
FL-7000 amp (400W)
TH6DXX 6 ele yagi @13m