[3830] KyQP AE8M Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 10 20:32:30 EST 2008

                    Kentucky QSO Party

Call: AE8M
Operator(s): AE8M
Station: AE8M

Class: Rover LP
QTH: KY

   40:  206     11
--------------------
Total:  217     11  Mults = 32  Total Score = 20,240

This was a fun contest.  Thanks to all who called as I travelled through 6 KY
counties.  Special thanks to those who gave me multiple Q's: N4PN 11, N8II 7,
K8MFO 6, WA3HAE 6, and a number of others at 5 Q's or less.

My mobile setup is modest, a trailer hitch mounted Lakeview Hamstick on 40M or
a Hustler RM 80 on 80M fed by an Elecraft K2/100.  This was my third endeavor
at operating mobile in a state QSO party and it is really fun.  I must park to
operate (to avoid car sickness and collisions) and envy those who can operate
in motion.  Nevertheless, it is amazing how popular you become just by parking
in front of some ancient dilapidated cemetery on a back road in a remote
Kentucky county.

My next road trip will be the IN QP in May.  In the meantime, I plan to enjoy
as many other state QSO parties as possible from my Ohio QTH.